28/03/2019

New inks for fountain pen in use


I wanted to switch to permanent bulletproof inks long time ago. I was happy with my current colors after a long process of testing and trying new ones until I defined my palette. Adding the superpower of waterproof (and more other properties) could be a plus. Since I know the colors I want the task seemed easy. Just find a new brand with those colors and try.

Expert's voices about archive and conservative materials pushed me to change. It looks like cleaning and restoring a notebook in the future could be much easier with these bulletproof inks otherwise the inks goes away almost like magic. Have a look at this video to see by yourself.

Rohrer & Klinger is my first attempt. The colors are amazing, exactly what I was looking for. And the color's names very original for inks! I chose Carmen, Frida, Emma and Klara for this trip.

It's quite risky to start a new long trip without testing them in deep but I had to do it. New year, new trip, new notebook and... new inks.

Result of investigations coming soon!


3 comments:

Beo said...

I love looking at your book pages. They are wonderful. But I wrote that before and so you know that :)
Here I have a question: How can you use permanent ink in a fountain pen without it sticking and drying out?
Is there a trick?
Love, Beo

Ginny Stiles said...

I am not sure how Jose will answer this, but I have used permanent inks in my fountains pens for a long time.
If you are using them daily, they just keep on going. You don't let them sit and dry out. Then you are in trouble.
And fountains pens do need to be washed out and cleaned now and then. I just use warm water. Keeps everything going fine.
The key is not to let the ink dry in them.

Ballooners said...

Hello José,
great Artworks and great Graphic-Novels!! Love your work!
I use Artist-Markers that are Light-Fast that I can higly recommend:
1. Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pen, available in all colors, with Brush or Fineliner: Fast to Light/archivable, after Drying = waterdry
2. Winsor & Newton Water Color Marker, Brush and liner, Fast to Light/archivable, after Drying = watersoluble

I love them and use most of them here:
https://www.instagram.com/konradsamarajiwa/
Best Regards Konrad