13/02/2020

New watercolor box



Despite I love my tiny metal box PEZ for watercolors I really want to add some new colors to the palette. During the last months I fell in love with the magic of Sepia and Phthalo Green so I had to expand the space for at least those godets.

Light and compact box are the main requirements. 12 godets box like Schmincke are so stylish. I love it  and I will write about its beauty soon. But it’s too heavy for traveling. It could take up to 21 godets and I don’t need so many colors.

I have another great metal box but it’s also quite big. And then I tried a little Muji plastic box. So perfect! By weird coincidence the 3 dimensions are EXACT for 10 godets. I can’t believe it. And it’s the lighter option.

These are the colors:

  Permanent Lemon Yellow 254 Van Gogh
  Cadmium Yellow Hue Winson & Newton
  Yellow Ochre 744 Winson & Newton
  Light Oxide Red (English Red) 399 Van Gogh
  Sepia Winson & Newton
  Cadmium Red Hue Winson & Newton
  Phthalo Green 675 Van Gogh
  Turquoise Winson & Newton
  Indigo Winson & Newton
  Payne's Grey Winson & Newton

Of course watercolor peace if not reachable. It's an evolution so I will welcome improvements.




No comments: