06/05/2019

The beauty of imperfection

Many people tell me my pages are so perfect and ask what I do when I have a mistake. Nothing is perfect and micro-mistakes invade every gap.

Here I show some close up examples of scanned pages at high resolution: 



I selected some mistakes, stains, smudged ink and all kind of imperfections. I can see beauty in them. They are welcome as they are part of the process. Choosing the way of 100% perfection is a mistake. They can’t be avoid and even can bring a lot of stress if you fight against them. Nature doesn’t work like that. 

We are organisms full of defects so we will always produce the same.

3 comments:

jacki long said...

Agreed, lovely work.

felipem said...

Wabi Wabi, es la palabra que tienen en japonés para la belleza de las imperfecciones.

felipem said...

Wabi sabi, que el corrector me jugó mala pasada